Nothing fancy about these Vanilla Cupcakes. It is as plain as simple and as bare as pure love over a cup of tea. No frills and very easy to make. In fact, you can make it out of your leftover baking ingredients from the last birthday cake that you had just baked. Princess and I was not actually expecting too much from it when we simply dumped it inside the oven. No, not until the aroma started to fill the air. Boy, it fluffed up so well right before our eyes as if it was teasing our mouth to take a good bite. And when it finally reached our palate, it was like Pandora’s Box unleashing all her secrets and taking away all our innocence. We could not even breathe to resist! Yes, you can dollop your favorite cream on top or leave it as is. But it is better to have none. Do not oversweeten as this might overpower its simplicity and subtle vanilla flavor.
|As plain as simple and as bare as pure love|
It was sinfully good. Period. No more elaborate introduction needed.
Basic Vanilla Cupcake
This yields 12 to 15 standard sized cupcakes
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsps. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line a standard-sized cupcake pan (2-½-inch-diameter cups) with cupcake papers.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk in the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring very well after each one. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Gradually pour in the flour mixture. Whisk just enough until mixed.
- Evenly fill with batter the lined cupcake pan about ¾ of the way full, leaving a small allowance to avoid the cupcake from overflowing as it expands and fluff up during the baking process.
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take the pan off the oven and let the cupcakes stay for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer them on the cooling rack to completely cool at room temperature.
- Top the cupcakes with frosting of your choice or serve right away with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
TIPS FROM ENZ: