cake / dessert family / friends
Oreo and Cream Cheese Cupcake with Chocolate Chip ToppingsWednesday, April 30, 2014Enz F
These Oreo and cream cheese cupcakes were one of Princess’ trial sets when she was practicing for baking. But boy, take a closer glance at the photo. Does it look like a product of a beginner’s labor? It seems professional-looking to me. I had to take some quick snapshots before the cupcakes would be gone in a click.
“Cookies and cream” flavored dessert is well-loved by almost everyone, be it in the form of ice cream or baked goodies. What is more amusing about this cupcake is the use of real Oreo cookies for the crust. It was a brilliant idea and took these cookies that we just used to dunk in our childhood milk to another level. It is very simple to make and yet so good and so tempting. One is surely not enough, I beg.
|Some Oreo treats for everybody!|
Now, grab those cookies and whip some cream, and experience creaminess and chocolate goodness in a cup in just a matter of minutes with these Oreo and Cream Cheese Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Toppings. You may also want to try the simple and no-frills brownies and the red velvet cupcake with mascarpone frosting by just clicking the links.
Oreo and Cream Cheese Cupcake with Chocolate Chip Toppings
Yields 12 standard-sized cupcakes
- 12 pcs. Oreo vanilla cream-filled cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Line a standard-sized cupcake pan (2-½-inch-diameter cups) with cupcake papers. Place one cookie at the base of each liner. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cream cheese and whisk until it smoothens.
- Add the sugar and then mix.
- Pour in egg and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients until well-incorporated. Scrape the sides to avoid the ingredients from sticking into the bowl. Continue whisking until no more lumps forming.
- Evenly spoon each lined cup with cream cheese batter, filling each nearly to the top. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 30 minutes or until the filling is set. Rotate pan halfway through to evenly cook.
- Remove the cupcake pan in the oven and transfer to wire rack to completely cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
TIPS FROM ENZ:
- Along with chocolate chips, you may add crushed pecans or peanuts on top before baking.
- Upon serving, you may frost the cupcake with whipped cream or pour some thick caramel sauce.