cake / dessert fruit
Fried Pineapple with Raisins and Chocolate ToppingsFriday, February 14, 2014Enz F
Hey dude, have you already thought of a gimmick for your valentine? You want to surprise your special someone but you are already running out of time (and budget)? Why not delight her with your own home made dessert? No need to worry – you do not have to be good in cooking or baking to do that. If you know how to fry your sausages for breakfast, this is just as easy as that. You can easily impress your sweetheart with some exciting treats that is unbelievably accessible inside the refrigerator and probably just sitting in the cupboard. No kitchen skills are necessary. Believe me. So stop fussing over Mr. Cupid and just follow this simple recipe that I have made for you which is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
|Impress your valentine with a unique dessert through the help of some fresh pineapples and limited kitchen skills|
All you have to do is to take out those extra pineapples from the fridge and have them peeled and cut into rings. Canned preserves will also do but not the jelly one as it is nothing but sugar. Go for ready slices that are drenched in sugar syrup. The pineapple rings, dredged in brown sugar or muscovado, are then simply fried on salted butter. It cameralizes as it is being cooked and releases a very sweet aroma. Top them with your favorite maple or strawberry sauce, or better yet, make your own chocolate syrup. When you take your first bite, it bombs out some sweet, sour and savory flavors that will just explode into your mouth. You have it sticky outside while juicy in the inside. Add to your tongue's some extra exercise as the sugar-coated-candy-like raisins cannot help sticking on your enamel. Just wipe it out when you are done. You do not want to flash out that killer smile with some extra caramel dangling on your front teeth, do you? Nevertheless, this is such a great way to wrap up your romantic dinner date with a very unique and distinct dessert. Not to mention, the extra feel good hormones brought by the chocolate toppings that will surely boost your sex appeal to the next level (wink).
|This fried pineapple recipe is the bomb|
Fried Pineapple with Raisins and Chocolate Toppings
Number of servings: 4 to 6 round slices
- 1 medium-sized fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rings; or 1 canned pineapple rings, drained
- 3 tbsps. salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar or muscovado
- 2 tbsps. raisins
- 4 sprigs. fresh mint leaves, trimmed and minced
- chocolate syrup for toppings
- Spread the brown sugar on a plate and dredge each side of pineapple slices on.
- Melt the butter on a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the pineapple slices and spread around the raisins. Occasionally flip each slices and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the pineapple has caramelized and the raisins are a bit swollen.
- Remove from heat and place each slices on a dessert plate. Spoon some raisins on pineapple and pour over the pineapple caramel sauce. Top with chocolate syrup and drizzle with mint leaves. Serve and enjoy!
TIPS FROM ENZ:
- You may sprinkle the pineapple slices with crushed roasted peanuts or cashew nuts.
- For a nice cold dessert, you may also refrigerate the pineapple for a while, then top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some niyog (shredded matured coconut meat).
- Fried pineapple is also a great side dish for your grilled fish or roasted chicken and beef.