|Canned Tuna is a great option for quick and easy meals.|
- 1 can 180 g. tuna flakes in vegetable oil
- 1 pc. small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 pc. calamansi (calamondin)
- ½ tbsp. dried parsley
- ½ tbsp. mint leaves, minced
- 1 pc. siling haba (green finger pepper), deseeded and chopped
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
|This dish also compliments with garlic bread and toast.|
- Drain the tuna and set aside the oil. Toss the tuna flakes in squeezed calamansi juice.
- In a small pan, heat the tuna oil and sauté the tomato and siling haba. When the tomato is slightly withered, add in the tuna flakes. Stir continuously.
- Season with cumin powder, ground pepper and salt, and then sprinkle with parsley and mint leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot steamed rice.
**Number of Servings: 2
TIPS FROM ENZ:
- This dish also compliments well with fried rice, garlic bread or toast.
- Try adding some spinach or sweet potato leaves.